Sunday, June 15, 2008

Issues Studies Introduction

As Children of God, purchased by faith and trust in the finished work of Christ, we are enabled by the Spirit of God to become more and more like our Saviour. It is my prayer that the following studies will aid us to follow the Lord as we ought, that through our example and teaching it will affect the lives of others we contact whether that be our children or others entrusted in our care.


I would like to preface each "issue" study with the following verses. As children of God the following verses apply to us:

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


As Elisabeth Elliot has often said, "God's command is God's enabling."


Please keep this in mind as we cover the following "issue" studies. It is possible to do what is right with God's enabling.

No comments: