Sunday, June 15, 2008

Inspiration for the Issues Studies

My desire to do this study grew after reading Lou Priolo's Teach Them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training. I highly recommend it. As I read it I was strongly convicted by my lack of referring to God's Word in the admonishing and nurturing of my children. Priolo includes an appendix in his book which includes scripture texts for child training. I wanted to compile a larger list for my own reference. It is amazing to see how much more effective God's Word is than the futility of man's reasoning. When I use God's Word in pointing out to my children their wrong doing...they have no argument. They understand that they cannot argue with God's decrees.

Kara Durbin's Parenting with Scripture: A Topical Guide For Teachable Moments is also referenced in these studies.

No comments: