Thursday, March 4, 2010

Prayer meeting...not just the meeting of church members...but the meeting of my needs

There are times that the words don't come.  I stumble explaining my position for the decisions I make and the values I hold dear.

Why do I not join in with so many of  the world's "pleasures".  I know that the happiness offered by the world and its vices only bring temporary pleasure often with devastating effects on ones soul.  Rather than seeking guidance from our Dear Shepherd of Psalm 23...the world offers its numbing when life gets unbearable.

Thoughts from Psalm 23 regarding, "He restoreth my soul....leads me in paths of righteousness"  took many turns last night, but the last morsels for my frazzled soul took me to Titus 2:11-15a

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 
Teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. 
These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke.....


1 comment:

edcolley said...

Thank you for your thoughts. I think when we gather expecting to hear His voice He does not disappoint.