Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nourishing The Soul Takes Time and Discipline....


and the blessings are bountiful....


Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.


I find that I spend far more time in prayer than I do reading my bible.
I can pray anywhere and at any time.....
what a blessing that is.

Bible reading on the other hand requires me STOP.
It requires TIME.
Those are things that take DISCIPLINE.

God's word sheds light for life.
It is The Bread of Life.
We can never overindulge in it.
It is soul food that I need for every day.
At times I have starved myself,
reaching a point of craving it.

When I discipline myself to stop and take time
I am fed well.
God's word is spiritually healthy nourishment.
God's word is fresh,
sometimes it is a feast for my soul
other times it is a small bite that refreshes for the moment.

Why don't you join us this year by spending more time reading your bible.

O cleaning Word, O precious Word, Your promises are true;
They keep and purify my heart; Your truths are ever new.

No comments: