Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From the mouths of babes....

Something to rejoice about...

Life can certainly be a series of disappointments when we are focused on the temporal.....

Tonight while putting away supper dishes my JOC, 2of 3 belted out the old hymn chorus....

"Oh, say that I'm glad...I'm glad. Oh, say that I'm glad...Jesus has come and my cups over run....Oh. say that I'm glad."

So we googled the old hymn together and sang it loudly...sang of His forgiveness of sin and the marvelous love shed abroad in our hearts....


Thank you, Lord, for this moment.

Thank you, Lord, for the many methods of reminding me of your love for me.





There is a song in my heart today
Something I never had;
Jesus has taken my sins away
O say but I'm glad
CHORUS:
Oh, say but I'm glad I'm glad
Oh, say but I'm glad I'm glad
Jesus has come and my cup's over run
Oh, say but I'm glad I'm glad!

Wonderful, marvelous love He brings
Into a heart that's sad;
Thro' darkest tunnels the soul just sings,
O say but I'm glad




1 comment:

Viki said...

I don't know that hymn, you will have to teach it to me. It certainly has a wonderful message.