Thursday, May 14, 2009

Honour (another look)

True honour comes from God.

I Chronicles 29:12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.

Numbers 24:11 Therefore now flee thou to thy place: I thought to promote thee unto great honour; but, lo, the LORD hath kept thee back from honour.

Psalm 91: 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him.

Daniel 5:18 O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:

John 12:26b ...if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Wisdom and virtue lead to honor from God.
Proverbs 3:13, 16 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.

Proverbs 4:7, 8 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

Proverbs 13:18 Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction; but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.

Proverbs 21:21 He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.

The following passage is in reference to Eli's son's who had no respect for God's sacrifices and prescribed form of worship. Worship is not to be viewed as trivial. The "assembling of the saints" as mentioned in Hebrews, is a privilege and an opportunity to commune with our God, our Redeemer, our Maker. It is of great importance. The coming together of the saints is to be honored.

I Samuel 2:30b ....but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.


Help me to honor and value what He values and strive for that which merits His honour! Help me live it.

No comments: